ATFIAre you a current supplier or trying to become a supplier to the Automotive/Truck industry? If so, you may be required to implement this standard.
This standard was prepared by the International Automotive Task Force (IATF) and Japan Automobile Manufacturers Association, Inc. (JAMA), with support form ISO/TC 176, Quality Management and Quality Assurance.
The current standard is based upon the ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems ~ Requirements Standard. It is a supplement to and works in conjunction with ISO9001:2015.
We will help you understand the requirements, how to interpret the requirements and provide you with consulting support to develop and implement the system within your organization.
The IATF 16949:2016 QMS implementation process would consist of the development of the required IATF 16949:2016 QMS documentation. The applicability of any current site documentation would be reviewed and updated during this process.
A kickoff meeting would be held with the IATF 16949:2016 QMS implementation management team before the process begins. At this meeting, each clause of the standard will be reviewed and the team selects employees who will be the process owners. The process owner is responsible for soliciting employees who are internal customers and suppliers for that process to help develop the related procedure. These employees will then attend the procedure development meetings. Once the documents are developed, this team is responsible for training the employees.
Internal System Auditors will be trained in the requirements of the IATF 16949:2016 QMS standard and system auditing techniques. Once the training is completed, they will perform audits of the system to determine compliance and effectiveness of the implementation of the system.
All employees would attend an IATF 16949:2016 QMS awareness session to become knowledgeable of the standard requirements, their responsibilities and what to expect when the registrar conducts the registration / certification audit.
We are involved from initial inquiry stage to becoming registered / certified to the standard. This includes but is not limited to;
- Facilitating each procedure / process draft development session.
- Facilitating each procedure / process final review session.
- Coordinating the selection and development of work instructions as necessary.
- Providing training assistance to employees who will conduct the training of their procedures / processes.
- Conducting Internal System Auditor IATF 16949:2016 QMS Training.
- Participating in the initial Internal System Audit.
- Providing employee Awareness Training Sessions.
- Providing input to assure compliance with the IATF 16949:2016 QMS standard and,
- Assisting in the selection of the registration / certification body.
If you are not sure how your current formal or informal system complies with the standard, we can provide you with a gap analysis audit. This audit can be used as a planning guide to implementing the necessary improvements required to be in conformance to this standard.