This is the current standard. It was last reviewed and confirmed in 2017.
Do you perform testing or calibration processes? If so, you may be required to implement this standard.
This standard is applicable to organizations that perform testing and/or calibrations. It can be used to develop quality, administrative, and technical systems that govern their testing or calibration processes. Laboratory clients, regulatory authorities, and accreditation bodies use this standard in confirming or determining the competencies of testing or calibration laboratories.
We will help you understand the requirements, how to interpret the requirements and provide you with consulting support to develop and implement the system within your organization.
The ISO/IEC 17025:2017 implementation process would consist of the development of the required ISO/IEC 17025:2017 system documentation. The applicability of any current site documentation would be reviewed and updated during this process.
A kickoff meeting would be held with the ISO/IEC 17025:2017 system implementation management team before the process begins. At this meeting, each clause of the standard will be reviewed and the team selects employees who will be the process owners. The process owner is responsible for soliciting employees who are internal customers and suppliers for that process to help develop the related procedure. These employees will then attend the procedure development meetings. Once the documents are developed, this team is responsible for training the employees.
Internal System Auditors will be trained in the requirements of the ISO/IEC 17025:2017 system standard and system auditing techniques. Once the training is completed, they will perform audits of the system to determine compliance and effectiveness of the implementation of the system.
All employees would attend an ISO/IEC 17025:2017 system awareness session to become knowledgeable of the standard requirements, their responsibilities and what to expect when the accreditation body conducts the audit.
We are involved from initial inquiry stage to becoming accredited to the standard. This includes but is not limited to;
- Facilitating each procedure / process draft development session.
- Facilitating each procedure / process final review session.
- Coordinating the selection and development of work instructions as necessary.
- Providing training assistance to employees who will conduct the training of their procedures / processes.
- Conducting Internal System Auditor ISO/IEC 17025:2017 system Training.
- Participating in the initial Internal System Audit.
- Providing employee Awareness Training Sessions.
- Providing input to assure compliance with the ISO/IEC 17025:2017 system standard
- Assisting in the selection of the accreditation body.
If you are not sure how your current formal or informal system complies with the standard, we can provide you with a gap analysis audit. This audit can be used as a planning guide to implementing the necessary improvements required to be in conformance to this standard.