This training program provides students with the necessary Problem Solving skills to be able to define and understand Root Cause Analysis methodologies and apply the learned skills to leading continual improvement efforts within their organizations.
After the training program attendees will be able to:
- Define and Understand “Root Cause Analysis.”
- Define a Process.
- Describe “Input” and “Output” of a Process.
- Describe what Affects a Process.
- Describe what takes place within a process.
- Collect Data and Interpret the Process Data.
- Use Problem Solving Skills to make improvements in Processes.
- Determine which Problem Solving Method to use.
- Lead their organizations in using the learned skill to continually improve processes.
Topics covered include:
- Attendees Overview of Typical Problems.
- Introduction to Variation.
- “Closed Loop System” vs. “Closed Loop System with Influences.”
- Defining a “Process.”
- Plan Do Check Act (PDCA) Cycle.
- 8-D Problem Solving Method.
- 7-Step Problem Solving Method.
- Using Problem Solving Tools & Techniques:
- Fishbone Diagrams
- Pareto Diagrams
- Process Flowcharts
- Force Field Analysis
- Reviewing and Analyzing Internal or Supplier Corrective Action Reports. Samples to be provided by attendees