Per ASME Y14.5-2009
This course provides participants with an understanding of the concepts used in Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T). The participants will learn to recognize the fourteen Geometric Characteristics, the meaning of each one and the shape of the applicable tolerance zone. It is appropriate for all levels within an organization.
At the end of this training session, participants will be able to:
- Define GD&T and explain how it is different from the conventional coordinate system of dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Explain the benefits of GD&T.
- Explain the purpose of datums and how to identify them.
- Explain the difference between clearance, interference and transition fits.
- Explain the format of a feature control frame.
- Determine if a bonus tolerance is applicable and calculate the resulting geometric tolerance.
- Determine how each geometric tolerance is verified.
- Read and interpret drawings and blueprints that specify GD&T. The blueprint reading and interpretation will be conducted using a combination of client drawings and actual manufactured parts as well as their customer drawings to explain the concepts
- Use the ASME Y14.5-2009 standard as a reference.
- Compare ISO nomenclature Vs ASME Y14.5-2009