At Litts Quality Technologies, Inc. we believe in making a difference in the environment in which our customers and associates live and work. As such, we encourage our associates to be active in this belief in their personal and professional lives. This allows our associates to not only donate their time to causes they feel strongly about, but to extend a hand through financial and material contributions.
Our policy concerning these efforts is described in the two major categories of our Social Responsibility Values.
Value 1 ~ SOCIAL & COMMUNITY OUTREACH
Our associates have been involved in or supported organizations such as;
- The Colon Cancer Alliance
- The Cancer Research Fund
- Breast Cancer Research
- Ovarian Cancer Research
- Scleroderma Research
- Muscular Dystrophy Association
- The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) Cancer effort
- The LARC School, Bellmawr, New Jersey
- Volunteering at the Lords Food Pantry
- Volunteering for local High School Music Parents Association
- Donating to Alumni Associations
- Donating to the Kennett Symphony
- Donating to the Chester County Youth Orchestra
- Donating to the Friends of the Penn State Blue Band
- Donating to WHYY Public Television
- Donating to WRTI Temple Radio Station ~ Classical and Jazz music
- Participating in Downingtown, Pennsylvania Good Neighbor Day
- Donating clothing to the Salvation Army and Good Will
- Donating tools and supplies to Habitat for Humanity
- Donated blood at Red Cross Blood Drives
- Donating books to libraries
- Coaching athletics for township Youth Associations
- Participating in fundraising events such as 5K & 10K walks and runs
- The Boy Scouts of America
- Donating funds and pet supplies to the Delaware Valley Golden Retriever Rescue
Value 2 ~ ENVIRONMENTAL CONSERVATION EFFORTS
We encourage an active participation in environmental conservation efforts. Some of our associates belong to organizations or participate in programs that are dedicated to conservation efforts such as:
- Ducks Unlimited
- Skycastle French Hounds
- The Pennsylvania Farmland and Forest Land Assessment Act of 1974 (72 P. S. § § 5490.1—5490.13), commonly referred to as the Clean and Green Act
LQT, Inc. recycles paper, cardboard, glass, plastic, packaging materials, computer batteries, and electronic device batteries.
We have donated used computers, printers and storage devices to an organization that refurbishes them for families in need.
LQT, Inc. believes in the responsible use of our natural resources. As such our associates are encouraged to consider the need to print e-mail messages, client documents and information obtained from websites.
Our corporate e-mail messages contain the message “Please consider the environment. Do you really need to print this email?”
Purchasing Recycled Products
Purchasing recycled products is a component of our recycling effort. LQT, Inc. encourages associates to purchased supplies with recycled content including but not limited to: printer cartridges, file folders, envelopes, note paper pads, and pencils.
Public Transportation Program
LQT, Inc. encourages associates to use public transportation as a means of helping to reduce their carbon footprints.